Be one of the first CH3SNAS users with the 1.03 new firmware
Conceptronic is announcing NEW features and FIXED features in this 1.03 release
Beta v1.03 was released on 11/16/2007 to a select number of beta testers. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!
DO BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE APPLYING THIS FIRMWARE ! THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR KEEPING YOUR DATA OR UNFORMATTING THE HARDDRIVES ! DO NOT USE AT PRODUCTION DEVICES !
What was addressed and fixed
1.Stop at 94% issue.
Due to some various wierd issues some pre-formatted HDD’s are unable to be formatted. Than they stop at 94%
I think this bug finally is fixed
2.NFS Server modules added.
Requested by End-Users: add the NFS modules to apply ‘Fun Plug’ stuff: so we did !
Requested by End-Users: support for PS3 .. Hey this should work now .. Are you happy?
4.”Removing files or folders in combination with Windows Vista”
When using scheduled back-up in combination with Windows Vista it is not possible to remove files or folders in any way afterwards.
Phew .. again happy!
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK ! [download here]
Many new and other issues will be addressed and released in the 1.03 series.. What kind of new stuff?
- Give you the ability to skip the formatting of a HDD
- Add more option in the power management like: add 60 and 120 min options
- Use also the IP address as sharename
- Some stuff with anonymous FTP
- Something to be valid with the e-mail system ..
Hey you can add your idea here ..
7 thoughts on “CH3SNAS beta firmware 1.03”
some features i wish to see:
– report SMART Status of installed Harddisks
– Wake on Lan
– Bonjour service to simplify the use with OSX
– ability to activate Jumbo Frames on GBit Ethernet
– syslog Daemon and Client
– simplified User Interface (example: Standard/Expert Mode)
explain the bonjour service. You mean LPT functionality?
explain the UI interface: is it not simple? what would you see in expert mode?
rest is clear
– yes i mean bonjour for print services. I think bonjour is also usefull to promote other services on the NAS in future (e.g. Webservices)
– Today the UI is simple to use but i think if their come special features like WOL, JumboFrame activation, syslog Daemons or anything else its usefull to capsulate this in an expert view to hide this functions from “normal” Users to not destroy their NAS configurations
hey thanks eens kijken of ik nu wel mijn nas hd kan mounten.
laatste tijd hoop problemen met mijn nas box :(
Will this work with the DSM-600?
syslog can be done through funplug
I’ve updated the firmware to 1.03, but i can’t seem to get my 2 x 1TB drives formatted in any way.. I’ve tried it over and over again.. I want to format them in JBOD.
Anyone any idea’s?