I like to get feedback when I ask for it, but when feedback is given many people do lack to give good information.
it’s fine telling me that something is wrong, but how you test is not written or badly described. That is a missed opportunity.
So some persons reported that the UPnP AV server of the 1.05b3 firmware for CH3SNAS is not running. Ok I can accept that. Knowing that it was tested by one of my engineers. Of course he could have made a mistake .. but he was instructed ;-)
So I awoke on the sunday, finised the preparation of soup of asparagus and after that on my free Sunday I took my development CH3SNAS which is only running fun_plug to get telnet.
Some weeks ago I tested for someone something else so my version is:
Above version was revoked due to non working FTP Server.
I uploaded a fresh folder with MP3 music
in telnet I gave the command: ps
to see if everything was running and refreshed on the fly. With the CFULLHDMA I accessed the CH3SNAS UPnP Server and I played on of the music files. Everything ok
- 1708 root inotify_upnp
- 26875 root /sys/custom/upnp/upnp 0 CONCEPTRONIC http://www.conceptronic.net
- 27203 root sh -c UpdateDB -C -M “/mnt/HD_a2/1983 the 12 inches GMU/38Unique – What i got is what you need.mp3”
- 27204 root UpdateDB -C -M /mnt/HD_a2/1983 the 12 inches GMU/38Unique – What i got is what you need.mp3
Than I upgraded to:
And just rebooted the device: Hey .. indeed no UPnP Server running anymore only some prescan and inotify stuff but the actual UPnP Server no go .. mmm someone in the comments was actually right Damn ..
Let me try to start it manually through telnet:
/ # /sys/custom/upnp/upnp 0 “CONCEPTRONIC” “http://www.conceptronic.net” “CH3SNAS” “C05-323” “test”
UPnP AV / MediaServer v2.03.0227.2009.
Uhm.. a Segmentation Fault .. wierd ..
Ok than I took my magic fingers, and at the backside I pressed the reset button (hell yeah, the BACK-SIDE and not the webinterface factory reset, cause that one does not do an actual forced hard reset. (to be sure 100% cause that thing is not placed there for nothing).
Restarted the CH3SNAS again and watched the magic happen.
- 2596 root /sys/custom/upnp/upnp 0 CONCEPTRONIC http://www.conceptronic.net Grab’n’GO Media Store CH3SNAS C05-321
- 2602 root sh -c UpdateDB -C -M “/mnt/HD_a2/Bargrooves_15_2CD/02 – Bargrooves 15 – Manhattan – CD2 Compiled & Mixed By Mateo and Matos.mp3”
- 2605 root UpdateDB -C -M /mnt/HD_a2/Bargrooves_15_2CD/02 – Bargrooves 15 – Manhattan – CD2 Compiled & Mixed By Mateo and Matos.mp3
Wow .. my magic fingers worked .. and I am again playing another CD I uploaded to the device
Shoot. My UPnP Server is running. Now yours is on!
UPDATE 18.42H After a reboot I can reproduce issue like reported by 2 users. I will do some more testings tomorrow. (it seems that you should not reboot the device after factory defaults (sigh)). that’s not ok