Based on a new Linux kernel I am releasing a new beta firmware version with following fixes/changes:
- Updated: support changing audio track (Lang Key) for MKV files.
- Updated: language translation.
- Fixed: sound disappears after fast forward for playing some wmv files.
- Changed Linux Kernel 2.4x version to 2.6.15.
- Fixed: iMedia list restore issue after power down.
- Fixed: NFS shares cannot resume and play.
- Fixed: DVD menu issue.
- Fixed: MKV subtitle disappeare issue.
- Fixed: DVD [LANG] key issue.
- Fixed: AVI mutltiple language srt issue.
- Some jpeg images cannot be shown correctly.
- no support for Video file auto detection (4:3 / 16:9 issue).
- Some DVD’s still do not allow switching audio or subtitle by remote.
- Some DVD’s will give a hickup during switch chapter.
- Some TS files do show wierd encoding artefacts when playing.
there are more issues not written in this list but you can find them here
The new firmware is only available for beta testers.
We promised ourselves to start or end a good day with Champagne or a Cava ;-)
We are again busy with firmware(s) … it never stops ;-)
People do not know what ROT13 is .. I wrote somewhere a sentence, but no-one did notice it yet .. It has a easter-egg / feature / functionality hint in it ..
Testing some features/ functions of the CFULLHDMA after some feedback users
I’ve received some new files which are not playable … it’s good to get a lot content to see if it’s playable yes or no ..
Let’s make it available to some people .. ;-)
What to be expected to be fixed in next beta firmware?
- Fix NFS is not able to resume and play files after stopping playback.
- Fix DVD menu issue
- Fix MKV subtitle disappear issue
- Fix DVD [LANG] key issue
- Fix AVI mutltiple language srt issue
- Reproduced but probably not fixed yet: DVD Chapter issue (stuttering)
For beta testers released today:
- Updated MKV parser.
this means that many issues reported about MKV files should be fixed. Please test / use your files and share your info.
- Updated the Translation table.
This means that we have fixed some language issues. Some items were not translated correctly in some languages
To be released to beta testers later today:
- fixed: Volume level was / is not saved after turning off the device.
- fixed: ISO could not be played anymore through SAMBA and USB HDD
- Fixed: Movies and Subtitles with lots of ‘dots’ in the filename and in the same folder was only displaying the subtitle at first file. Rest of the files could not display the subtitle file.
- fixed: Solved stream issue: stop playing after the advertisement check with: http://188.8.131.52/pls/mp3/skyradio.pls stream
v1.09.09 internal release, not released.
Note: beta testers have reported issues with some MKV files. They are still under investigation / debugging
Junkies always like to see the inside of a device. Today I made some images for you
v01.09.04 [beta testers version]
this version is only interesting for those who want to play with NFS …
1. support NFS (experimental)
Support for NFS shares is added through the iMEDIA menu button
Add a new station: give it a name and enter for the address
for example when using CH3SNAS with NFS you can enter nfs://192.168.1.20:/mnt/HD_a2
when pressing ok you will notice that the ICON is still a blue circle, go out of this menu and go to the main menu or ie. setup menu. Re-enter the iMedia folder and the blue circle is changed into a folder. When entering this folder the actually mount of the NFS share is being executed
and you can access the NFS shares you have created in your exports file.
sidenote: if the icon has changed in a folder through the BGM button you can only edit the title, if you need to change the path, you have to enter a new station. If the icon is still the blue circle you can edit all through the BGM button
this feature is experimental and we are checking how to make it more userfriendly. But hey .. NFS itself is not really userfriendly ;-) its for linux geeks only, no linux box/nas no NFS
2. remove PowerOff warning/error message
3. fix small avi ( ~10M ) segmenataion fault issue from NAS
People who want to beta test can apply with a valid e-mail address in the comments.