Using a Conceptronic Mediagiant and you want to save your settings before a firmware upgrade? Here is how you can do it
A forced firmware upgrade is deleting all settings, but with a script it is possible to save the information. (and possible it will allow you to do more things).
1. Copy the shooting.sh file to an USB Flash Drive (use link to save the file)
2. Insert USB Flash Drive into the MediaGiant
3. Goto the Copy page and focus on the shooting.sh file
4. Push on your remote the GOTO button and than push the REPEAT button (you see 2x the invalid icon) the configuration is being backupped.
5. The device will be rebooting, after the reboot than you can do the firmware upgrade.
6. When firmware upgraded is finished, please go into the Copy page and focus on shooting.sh again
7. push on your remote control the GOTO button thanpush REPEAT button the configuration is restored, device will reboot
Please be noticed: the script is creating a ‘VenusSetup.dat’ file on your HDD, you have to REMOVE after your settings are restored.Cause if exist a next time it will use that file for your settings. Even if you have made changes afterwards